Saturday, August 16, 2008

PM ShiFt @ OR

Our first week duty at the operating room was finished, and although it was quite benign because we only had one operation per day, it was a fun experience because I was able to be a scrub nurse in one of the operation, it was thyroidectomy. At first,I was really scared(ganun talaga!), scared to do everything, scared to commit a mistake..but then I did have some mistakes. I even gave the wrong instruments, instead of thumb forcep,I gave a clamp, then instead of tie, I gave him the knife(bingi talaga). Overall, I did a nice job, even if there were mistakes..All I know is that I'd done my part.

When we had nothing to do, roaming around the area, storytelling, showbiz talks,picture taking and eating were the things that we usually do.

One thing I've learned is that you should face your fears. I really like to be a part of the team in the operating room. I like to experience the things that a scrubnurse or the circulating nurse usually do but there is that fear inside of me especially in maintaining sterility. And when it was my turn to be a scrubnurse at that time, the only words I told myself was "face your fears". What I was thinking at that time is that I like to experience it so I have to face it.I have to overcome my fear..

"When you want, like or feel something but you are afraid to try, feel and experience that thing, afraid of the outcome that you might get. You have to face all your fears, you'll never know the result if you dont face it." (sometimes it's easier said than done lolz)...

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template